Loyd Ivey is President and CEO of the Mitek Communications and Electronics Group, a privately held corporation that includes industry-leading consumer and commercial AV brands like MTX Audio, Atlas Sound, IED, Soundolier, DCM Loudspeakers, Xtant Technologies, ETA Systems, Coustic Car Audio, Streetwires, Universal Audio Video Productions, A-Line Acoustics and Esoteric Audio USA. No matter the innovation, Mr. Ivey has been a major proponent and contributor to the advancement of the electronics industry for more than 30 years. Mr. Ivey is widely recognized for his innovative thinking and entrepreneurial success. He possesses an unparalleled passion and always strives for what is best for the industry and for the hundreds of "partners" he employs in the Mitek facilities in Illinois, Wisconsin, Arizona, Kentucky, Texas, and around the world.
Loyd Ivey is past chairman and board member of many industry organizations (CEA, CEMA, NSCA, etc.) and continues to lead by example for new innovations and advancements. Mr. Ivey is an advocate for the industry's growth and well being, as well as for consumers' rights to enjoy music and the equipment for reproducing it. Mr. Ivey also sponsors charitable organizations and fundraising events and is a volunteer sheriff deputy to help keep his community safe.
- Per Haugen Lifetime Achievement Award, 2009
- Vice Chair, Consumer Electronics Association Executive Board, 2001
- National System's Contractor Association (NSCA) Education Board Member, 2001
- MTX named #24 on Phoenix Business Journal's 2001 list of top 100 privately held companies in Arizona
- Mobile Electronics Certification Program (MECP) champion, 2000
- Chairman of the Mobile Electronics Division of CEMA, 1999 - 2000
- Named to Wideband Magazine's List of "Influentials", 1999.
- Named 1998 Industry Contributor of the Year, by Mobile Electronics Retailer magazine
- Title sponsor of the MTX/ Alice Cooper Celebrity Golf Tournament, 1998/1999/2000
- 1998 Regional Judge for Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE)
- Inducted into Dealerscope Magazine's "Hall of Fame" for contributions to consumer electronics industry, 1998
- Board of Directors, Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association (CEMA) Mobile Electronics Division
- Board of Directors, Mobile Electronics Retailers Association (MERA)
President, American Loudspeaker Manufacturers Association (ALMA), 1986 - 1988
- Director, International Auto Sound Challenge Association (IASCA), 1985 - 1994
- Business Leader of the Year, Rockford Magazine - 1991
- Ranked number 57 among Inc. Magazine's 500 Fastest Growing Companies - 1991
- Mayor's Image Award, Freeport, Illinois - 1991
- Entrepreneur of the Year, Inc. Magazine, Ernst & Young/Merrill Lynch - 1990
- Employer of the Year, Illinois Veterans of Foreign Wars - 1990